We must have our family prepared for all types of emergencies, from just being without electricity for a few days to that unimaginable disaster!
Choose an "out of the area" phone number for your family to call to check in if anyone is seperated. Then pack the following...
* Water (1 gallon per person per day)
* Food (ready to eat, non-perishable)
* Can opener
* Cups, plates, utensils
* Flashlight & extra batteries
* Battery powered radio
* Matches/ candles
* Blankets/sleeping bags
* Change of clothes
* Toilet paper/paper towels/kleenex
* Brush/ Comb/ feminine supplies/ baby needs
* Tablet/ pen/ entertainment items (books, puzzles, etc.)
* First Aid Kit
* Medications (prescription and over-the-counter)
* Family health records
* Emergency contact numbers
All kits should be personalized to your family needs, pack & store in a way that can be easily transported if needed.
IF YOU LOVE YOUR PETS
Add vet records and photos of your pet(s) to your "to go kit", if they end up in a shelter, you'll be able to prove they are yours. Also put that "out of the area" phone number on their ID, then you'll know your pet has been found too.